Sunday, October 5, 2014

Week 8 Reading Diary

After looking through all of my Reading Diaries so far for this year, I have noticed some change in my writing strategy. In the beginning, I would generally summarize or pick out my favorite parts about each story I read, but after a couple weeks, I started summarizing and recalling details about my favorite story from the reading. I think I like doing it this way better because the way I write my Reading Diaries now helps me when writing my storytelling. Typically what I do is pick my favorite story after reading all of them and talk about my favorite characters or parts of the story. Doing this helps me to remember the most important details so that I can try to use those details in my retelling of the story. I would suggest this way of writing to other students in this class or future students, but everyone is different. Some people may like to use this strategy, but not just focus on one story. They may want to focus on a few stories, and that way when it comes time to write their storytelling for the week, they will have a few ideas to choose from. Also, I think the amount I am writing about each story is just enough because I usually do not have to go back to the story and re-read it when thinking of ideas to write my storytelling. The details I include in my Reading Diaries are enough to spark my memory from when I read them. I think because I only focus on writing about one story in my Reading Diaries now, I do not remember a great deal of details about the other stories I read, but I think its good to pick one particular story that I like and use that for assignments throughout the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment