Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Week 1: Un-Textbook

Week 2:
Of course I have heard the story of the Trojan War and have probably read the Iliad in high school, but I forgot the major details, so I think choosing Homer's Iliad would be an easy way to start the weekly readings.

Week 3:
I think it would be a good idea to choose one story from each period rather than two from the same period because it adds variety to your reading. For this week, I would choose Bible Women. Again, I am pretty familiar with many stories about women in the Bible, and would love to be able to read over them more.

Week 4:
As soon as I saw the title "Arabian Nights," I knew that was the story I wanted to choose. I was in love with the movie Aladdin when I was growing up because I always wanted to be Jasmine (which I was for Halloween when I was 6 years old haha), so that was an easy choice for me.

Week 5:
For a little while I thought about Ramayana because I am familiar with this story from last semester, but I thought I would change it up a bit and choose Life of the Buddha. I recently took a religion class, and Buddhism was the first religion we learned about, so I think I would enjoy reading this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment