Thursday, August 21, 2014

Week 1: Storybook Favorites

Happily Ever After: A Prince's Perspective
This storybook caught my eye simply because of the picture on the homepage. I found it hilarious to see Snow White and her prince charming living in the real world, rather than the storybook fairytale we have seen in the movies. Snow White is seen holding a child on each hip with another child at her feet and one in the background playing, while prince charming is chilling on the couch watching TV. It is the complete opposite of the image that comes to your mind when you think of Snow White and her prince charming during the "happily ever after" part of life. It looks humorous!

Epic Wicked Women
I think the reason this storybook caught my attention was because it reminded me of my storybook I created last semester when I took the Indian Epics class. For my project, I also focused my storybook around important women from Ramayana and Mahabharata, so I liked seeing someone else have a similar approach to their storybook. My project was from the perspective of a toilet who got to sit in on all the gossip and girl fights between these women, but this story is centered around a therapy session. Although I did not read any of the stories, I think it would be funny and entertaining. How could a therapy session for four women not be entertaining?

Fairy Godmother: Diary Thief
This storybook drew my attention because I have seen many people use the diary approach to their storybook, but I like that this one added a little something to make it different. Rather than us just reading the diaries of many princesses, the fairy godmother, who stole the diaries, is the reason we are able to get a private sneak peak into these princesses' lives. I think I might use a similar strategy when creating my storybook for this semester. Also, I enjoyed the colors and layout of the storybook because they relate well this the topic and theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment