Sunday, November 9, 2014

Week 15: Reading for Myth Folklore

What I really enjoyed most about this class in relation to the readings was how much control we had on what we were going to read. I love that we are given options, very good options at that. I think the amount of choices we had to pick from each week was great. I also like that the readings were separated by two weeks. The two week separations based on the area that these stories originated from allowed for us to be able to relate our reading for those two weeks. I think we were given a good amount of information about each unit, which helped in deciding which unit to read. Of course, I think a more lengthier introduction for each unit would be nice, but I do not think it is that necessary. The only unit I did not really enjoy reading was the Celtic Fairy Tale unit, but honestly it was not that bad. I just did not enjoy it as much as I enjoyed the others that I read. Half way through the semester I decided to try to pick units that had the audio available with the unit. I liked choosing this option because it helped me to better comprehend the stories I was reading. My advice for future students would be to look through the stories for each unit and pick units that are closely related. I think picking units that are similar makes the readings more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment