Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Week 12 Essay: Celtic Fairy Tales

The unit I read this week was called Celtic Fairy Tales. I did not think it was completely horrible, I just did not enjoy it as much as I enjoyed other units. I did enjoy reading the story about King O'Toole and his goose. It was sort of strange in the beginning, but I grew to like it towards the end. A man with a pet goose is a little weird, but I liked the basic message behind the story. St. Kavin in the story kind of reminded me of God in a way. It seemed like St. Kavin just came to test the king and make sure he would keep his word. In return, he blessed the king. It was a happy ending for the king and goose, so I really liked it! It was probably my favorite story out of the whole unit and that is the story I decided to use for my retelling. I am not sure if any background information is necessary because other people might enjoy this reading more than I did. If I could go back, I probably would have read a different unit because I just realized that this unit was the last one I have to read for this semester. I am a little sad to end my readings on a unit I did not enjoy that much, but oh well. I did like that it was a very easy read. Some of the units can be hard to understand, but the language of these stories were very simply. It was also nice to be able to listen to the audio while reading along yourself. At least, that has proven to be something I enjoy about some of the units. I hope other people enjoy this unit more than I did.

Thumbs Down
Source: Wikimedia

No comments:

Post a Comment